Household Hazardous Waste & E-waste

Questions?  The Gallatin Solid Waste Management District has answers!

Call the GSWMD Outreach Educator at (406) 582-2493, or check out the “WHAT DO I DO WITH…?” tab on their website.

Household Hazardous Waste

Where: Bozeman Convenience Site (Old City of Bozeman Landfill)
2143 Story Mill Road, Bozeman
When: 2nd Saturday each month. 9:00am to Noon.
Household Residents: No appointment needed.
Commercial: Pre-approval appointment required.
Call 406-539-1161 to schedule.
Fees: Household Residents: Free
Commercial: There is a charge. Call 406-539-1161 for the fee amount.
Who: Ray Harrison
Household Hazardous Waste Specialist
Special Instructions: If you have questions about what waste materials are acceptable and how to transport them, call the Bozeman Convenience Site 406-587-7890. The Logan Landfill accepts motor oil, antifreeze, batteries, propane tanks, bear spray canisters, pesticide containers, and other items.

Household Chemicals, Disposal and the Environment
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Options in Gallatin County
Identifying Hazardous Household Chemicals
Proper Disposal of Prescription Drugs
Safe Alternatives to Hazardous Household Products

Electronic Waste (E-Waste)

Where: Logan Landfill
10585 Two Dog Road, Logan
When: Monday – Saturday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. No appointment necessary
Fees: Household: $27/ton, Minimum of $5.00
Commercial: $48/ton, Minimum of $5.00
Contact: Logan Landfill
Gallatin Solid Waste Management District
Special Instructions: E-waste should be separated from the rest of the load and will be disposed of separately. Please tell the Scale House Operator when you arrive that you have e-waste to drop off for recycling.

Computers- A Hazardous Waste?