These interactive, two-hour courses are designed to educate private well owners on best practices for protecting their drinking water.
- Homeowners will learn how to conduct an assessment of their well’s condition, potential contaminant sources, and other factors that can affect their water quality.
- Proper septic system maintenance and potential impacts on ground water will be discussed.
- Informational packets and well assessment forms will be provided to participants.
- Well water test kits will be available to take home after the course; payment for testing is made separately from this course (payment for testing is sent to the laboratory when the test kit is mailed in).
- Once participants have had a chance to conduct their own well assessment, GLWQD staff will follow up after the course to provide recommendations.
Thank you to all participants that attended these courses. We had a great turnout and plan to conduct them again in 2019. If you have not registered and paid for the course you attended, please go ahead and use this link to do so: REGISTER HERE.